Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

recently purchased a galaxy tab 3 203.1 mm WXGA super clear

recently purchased a galaxy tab 3 203.1 mm WXGA super clear LCD
serial no. RF2D90KMHSR. Used it for a couple of weeks then went back to my desk computer for a while. Just tried use the tab again but it will not recognise my signing in PIN?? have tried up to 20 times . I have the five digit pin written in my diary, I think it was the second pin I registered. Anyway I'm snookerd 'cause this present pin is the only one I've got -- what can I do to retrieveit to get connected. help help help!
***** *****on Shropshire aged 80 !
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Eric! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you cannot use the galaxy tab 3 tablet at all?

It looks like you do not remember the exact PIN you set up on the tablet previously. After entering the (wrong) pin a few times, does it give you the option toe enter your google/gmail address account/password?

Is it okay to reset the tablet and re-set it up fresh?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems I will have to reset the tablet a fresh as you suggest - but how do I do this please.

Please try the followings to reset:

1. Power off the tablet. Then press and hold the Volume Up key.
  2. While holding the Volume Up key, press and hold the Power key.

Release both keys when the Recovery Booting message is displayed in the top left corner and the Galaxy Tab 3 logo appears.

3. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset.
  4. With wipe data/factory reset highlighted, press the Power key.
  5. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes --delete all user data, and then press the Power key.
  6. Once the wipe is complete, press the Power key to select reboot system now.
  7. The master reset is now complete. The device will restart. Then it will let you set up the tablet again and set up a new pin you want.

NOTE: If needed, push together the volume up + home key + power key until Samsung logo appears, and continue the steps above to do factory reset.

If needed, please watch the instructions video at the website below (it works for all Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 models):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nft8HVUc5Y4

Tablet buttons:

graphic

Edit: We've been communicating, but it looks like you are not there; when you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,