fbox
fbox, Engineer
Experience:  Experience in game, phone, android development and usage.
43327059

Hi, my nexus 7 ran out of charge and when i recharged it and

Customer Question

Hi, my nexus 7 ran out of charge and when i recharged it and turned it on im getting an "enter password ***** decrypt storage" message. my google password ***** work. is there any other option? do i have to do a hard reset and if so how? any help would be much appreciated. Ta
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  fbox replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is Frederick and I am here to assist you today.

First try starting it up and at that screen dont put in a password, just continue. Let me know what happens there is a hard reset to factory procedure you can perform.

If glitched there do this for factory restore:

If your tablet is on, power it off.
Press and hold Power until the device powers on, then immediately press and hold Volume Down (while still pressing Power). You will see the word Start with an arrow drawn around it.
Press Volume Down twice to designate Recovery mode.
Press Power to restart into Recovery mode. You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
While holding down Power, press Volume Up.
Use the volume keys to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press Power to select it.
Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press Power to select it.

Let me know how it goes you will loose all data that isnt backed up in the cloud or on your computer .