Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a pandigital e reader I was charging it & left it to

I have a pandigital e reader I was charging it & left it to charge so when I went to use it ,it was froze I put a wire in the hole at back but it would not move
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Pandigital can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your device.
Please try this procedure at least 3 times.
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Pandigital into the charger for 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the device to reboot.
Another solution for this kind of issue:
1. Connect the USB cable to computer (do not connect Panditigal).
2. Hold the Power button for 20 seconds.
3. After 20 seconds while still holding Power button, plug the other part of the USB cable in the device.
4. Leave the device for 2 minutes and try to turn it on (hold the Power button for exactly 45 seconds).
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your info I tried both but no joy jf you advise me again with another answer I will give it a try if it don't work I wont continue as it is a cheap reader I will give you a high rate

Hi Cornelius,
Thank you for your reply.
If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).
Bad news is that your E-reader is defective (defective charging port or bad battery). I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, USB charging). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Because defective port is the main problem in 95% it's not a good idea to replace the battery without testing the E-reader.
Good news is that if your E-reader is still under warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new device for free as this issue is covered with the warranty.
You will have to contact your seller to arrange replacement.
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information. I'll be happy to provide you with more help if needed.
Kind Regards,
Todd