Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

cant read my books on my kindle fire hd ,I have previously

cant read my books on my kindle fire hd ,I have previously been able to read them and are showing in google play, but when I tap on my book I just get a white screen. Please help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Margaret! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried to power off this way: If you have any cover on the kindle fire hd, please remove it for now, then press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds for it to power off completely. Then turn it back on and check.

If that does not work, do you buy google play books or kindle books?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

google play books, they are showing in my browser, but just white screen when I tap to read them

Actually, please try this first: go to Settings -> Applications -> Silk browser -> Clear Browser Data, then only clear cache, then check.

If needed, please also try: If you have any cover on the kindle fire hd, please remove it for now, then press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds for it to power off completely. Then turn it back on and check.

If that does not work, please download and install the Dolphin Browser app and see if you can read google play books in Dolphin browser.

http://www.amazon.com/MoboTap-Inc-Dolphin-Browser/dp/B006GECE9Y

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

but I have been able to view my books until now without any issue

Sorry, I was thinking about an older kindle model. I revised my answer previously. You are using the Silk browser right? Please try:

- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Silk browser -> Clear Browser Data, then only clear cache, then check.

- If needed, please also try: If you have any cover on the kindle fire hd, please remove it for now, then press & hold the power on/off button on the kindle for about 45 seconds for it to power off completely. Then turn it back on and check.

- If that does not work, please download and install the Dolphin Browser app and see if you can read google play books in Dolphin browser.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

nothing happening

I'm sorry, did you try all my 3 suggestions yet? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Do you mean you go to the website https://play.google.com/books on the Dolphin browser app, and sign in your google/gmail account there, and it still won't let you read a book in Dolphin browser? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not compatible

Sorry, can you go to Advanced option in Silk browser settings and make sure Javascript is enabled and check?

If that does not work, in silk browser settings, Reset All Settings to Default. See at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201241150

; if needed, make sure javascript is enabled again, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you
Experience: Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

still nothing

Can you check if your kindle software is updated?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=ya_kindle_sb_swupdates?nodeId=200529680

If needed, can you go to gear/more/settings, Device -> Reset to Factory Defaults in order to make the kindle fresh, then see if it works.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Go to the settings
go to device
click on factory default
warning- make sure you know your wifi password ***** you amazon account to!
Once you do that then plug your kindle into your computer and sync with your amazon account so that you can download your books to your Kindle Fire HD.
Keep me posted on if that helps.