Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have a Samsung 10"tablet. My Draw Free app will not load

I have a Samsung 10"tablet. My Draw Free app will not load and I get this message....Heap 1 out of memory. Allocating 29 bytes but only 80 available (20LFB). Increase icf setting [s3e]. Mem Size 1 (current value is 768288). Please help!
regards ***** *****
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Please do this method:

Go to Settings->Device->Storage. On the list, tap Cache and clear cache.

Next go back to Settings->Device or General/More. Select Application Manager. On the list, select Draw Free app. Tap Force Stop and Clear data.

When done, power off your tablet. Turn it back on. Open the Draw Free app and see if it will open and work now.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've done everything you mentioned in your answer. We also have a Hurl with similar error message for Draw Free ,so I followed the same procedure on the Hudl. I am still getting the same error message on both tablets. ...the heading of which is Marmalade v.7.3.0 [385148].

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much for your update.

Please uninstall the app and reset tablet's settings:

1. Go to Settings->More/General
  2. Select Application Manager -> ALL (swipe to the right to select ALL)
  3. Select Hurl on the list. Tap Uninstall. Confirm to uninstall.
  4. Go back to ALL ist and select Media Storage. Tap Clear data.
  5. Go back to ALL and select Google Services Framework.
  6. Select Clear data.
  7. Shutdown your device and turn it back on.
  8. Test your issue with those apps again.

Nick

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I think we have crossed wires...no app called Hurl, but another tablet... A Hudl, so can u please let me know what to do next.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

You can do the steps as below:

Go to Apps->All. Select Draw Fee app and tap Uninstall. Power off tablet and turn it back on.

Go back to Play Store or Appstore to download it back. Test again.

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nick,

Well, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Draw Free as per instructions...in fact, I've done it twice, but I'm still getting the same error message. Why is it just that app that is doing that. I'm loathe to give it up as I am quite addicted to it and have a several friends using it!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Val,

Please go to Settings->Apps->All. Select Media Storage. Tap Clear data.

Go back to Google Services Framework. Tap Clear data.

Power off tablet and turn it back on. Test again.

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Done that....still error message!!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Val.

Next steps would be backup your files to computer. Reset your tablet to Factory Settings. Download the app and test again.

Reset the tablet as follows:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Privacy or Backup & Reset
  3. Select Factory data reset
  4. Select Reset tablet
  5. Select Erase everything
  6. Your tablet will reset which will take about 2-3 minutes.
  7. Set it up again.
  8. Download the Draw Free app and test again.

Nick

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK but no time tonight...will do it tomorrow.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Sure. Please let me know how it went. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nick,

Just before I take the drastic step of backing up and resetting, can u explain what 'Marmalade' is ( the cause of the error) and why ive got it and what is it . Can I get rid of it? Ive not heard of it before it kept sending me the error messages and didnt even know I had it. I cant find it as an app etc on my tablets.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Marmalade could be a service or add-on. On your tablet, go to Settings->Apps->All. On the list, look for Marmalade.

If you found it, select and tap Uninstall.

If you do not find Marmalade, please give me the exact error message. I will see if this is on service or system program.

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No sign of marmalade anywhere.

Message reads.......

Error Marmalade v.7.3.0 [385148]

Allocating 24 bytes but only 160 available (20LFB)

Increase icf setting [s3e]

Mem Size 1 (current value is 768288)

Does this help?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Val.

It has to do with memory.

Did you clear cache and Media Storage on the other tablet?

If yes and still getting this error, we will have to Factory Reset tablet. The app cannot load due to software memory allocation.

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. Just sorting out backup.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Let me know if you have any issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have reset samsung tablet to factory settings...got it set up and downloaded Draw Something..........same error message! So now whats left to do?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

Please go back to Settings->Apps. Select Draw Something app and tap Force Stop and Clear data. Power off your tablet and turn it back on. Open Draw Something app to test.

Not working? Go back to Settings->Apps. Uninstall Draw Something. Download it back from Play Store. Test it to see if it will work or still same error.

If still same error, this means this current version of this app might have bugs. You can try to contact the app's developer by emailing them the error.

Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've worked it out...more by luck really. I opened the app with my sons email address by mistake ...and it opened. So, with a bit of jiggling around, altering my email address I managed to open my Draw Something app. Means I dont get my piccy on the ID tag....but thats not important. Dont know why it wont accept my email address!!

Thanks for help although it now looks like we were going in thw wrong direction!!

regards Val

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Val,

Thanks so much for your info. That means the issue is with the app itself. We already reset the tablet and install it from scratch and did not work.

I am glad that you are be able to use it now. If there is an update, you might to update the app to avoid more issues with this current version.

Nick