A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.
71208907

why just after switching my Samsung Galaxy tab S I get on screen

why just after switching my Samsung Galaxy tab S I get on screen "unfortunatly"
settings have stopped. I then click "OK" & it starts again.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

I think the next thing to try is to perform a factory reset of the tablet.

A. Stevens :

Do you have a good backup of the information on it?

A. Stevens :

If you do, or you are not worried about losing the data on there, here is how you would reset the device.

A. Stevens :

How to Hard Reset Samsung Tablet?

In order to hard reset your Samsung tablet, the steps given below must be followed:

• Ensure that the Samsung tablet is powered off.

• Press the Power and the Volume Up button together till the device displays the start-up logo.

• Once the logo is displayed, release the buttons and wait till the device enters theAndroid system recovery mode.

• On the displayed screen, use Volume Down button to go to the wipe data/factory reset option (Volume Up and Volume Down buttons are used to highlight the displayed options on the Android system recovery screen).

• Once the option is highlighted, press the Power button to select the option. (Pressing the Power button in Android system recovery mode selects the highlighted option.)

• On the next screen, press the Volume Down button multiple times till the Yes -- delete all user data option is highlighted.

• Press the Power button to hard reset the Samsung tablet device while clearing the dalvik cache along with the process.

A. Stevens :

I hope I was able to help you today.
If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the smiley faces below would be greatly appreciated.
If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here.
Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!

Customer:

when iswitch on, using power & vol. up the tablet goes to my pin no. request only

A. Stevens :

Do you have a Pin number for your device?

Customer:

yes

A. Stevens :

So when you hold the power and volume up together, and it asks for the pin, did you enter it?

Customer:

yes

A. Stevens :

And then what happens?

Customer:

it just went into its. usual mode with screensaver & saying settings have stopped

A. Stevens :

hm...how about try turning it off, then just hold volume up key until something happens

A. Stevens :

let me know if that is any different

Customer:

nothing at all, do you want me to disable pin

A. Stevens :

Yes, give that a try first.

Customer:

ok bear with me

A. Stevens :

No problem, I am standing by

A. Stevens :

After you disable the pin, also give the volume DOWN + power a try too

A. Stevens :

Different samsung tabs sometimes behave differently to the key combinations

Customer:

having probs. removing pin

A. Stevens :

try to power off, then do volume down + power

A. Stevens :

to see if that will pull up the restore menu

A. Stevens :

at this time are you able to access the system settings?

A. Stevens :

could also try resetting through the menu if it is responsive.

Customer:

ok will go into restore

Customer:

do you mean backup & reset

A. Stevens :

Yes, that's correct.

Customer:

if I do this I will lose data from memory, music, photos, other data, also all data on sd card

Customer:

I don't want to lose all above

A. Stevens :

Could you create a backup using Kies?

Customer:

will that store everything I have on memory & sd card?

A. Stevens :

Just memory

A. Stevens :

But you could eject the SD card before you reset it

A. Stevens :

so that it is not affected

Customer:

OK will do but will not be back until tomorrow will that be all ok I have the Account No.

A. Stevens :

Sure, just log in and reply here and I will reply ASAP.

Customer:

ok bye for now

A. Stevens :

HiCustomer-

A. Stevens :

Any luck with the reset of your device?

A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience: I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.