A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.
71208907

I have a samsung galaxy note pro 12.2 and it keeps shutting

I have a samsung galaxy note pro 12.2 and it keeps shutting down. I can be in the middle of something and all of a sudden the screen goes black and the buttons by the home button turn off. Mostly this happens when I try and turn the tablet off. I press the start button and instead of getting the power off dialogue box the screen goes black etc. This can happen multiple times before the power off dialogue box eventually appears and I can turn the tablet off properly. Am I doing anything wrong or is there a fault with the tablet?

One other thing that I discovered recently - when this happens the home button button and the other two buttons at the bottom of the screen do not respond to touch by finger but they do respond when I touch them with the pen.��h the h

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 3 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Have you tried to perform a factory reset of the device?

A. Stevens :

If you have not I can provide you the steps to give that a try.

A. Stevens :

Keep in mind a reset will erase all the data on your device, so you will want to make sure you have copied or backed up any data that you want to be saved.

Customer:

Thank you for your suggestion, however, considering it is such a drastic measure I would rather try other actions before resorting to this.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was disappointed with your answer because the solution it suggested was so drastic. If you have a less final solution I would be glad to hear it. I rated your service as I did because of your bombardment of messages asking me to rate your service. If you had been a little more patient my rating would have been higher.

Sorry but those messages are just automated by Just Answer, I did not send them to you myself.
I can definitely continue to work on the question with you, but the reset of the device is the common solution for the issues you are facing, so that is why I suggested it. You can definitely back up your device so that you will not lose any of the information on it...and you are able to restore it after the reset is complete.