Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

Hi can you help with a problem I have with a Nexus 7 ,it was

Hi can you help with a problem I have with a Nexus 7 ,it was purchased about a year and a half ago. The problem is when I switch the tablet either on or off it only shows the Goggle Logo and does not go into anything else, also when you try to switch off it automatically comes back on.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.
Viet - Android Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Android Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried this basic step yet: Press & hold the power on/off button on the Nexus device for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Viet - Android Tech :

Hi, Please do not rate my service until we are finished. Please just reply back at the box below, so I can help you further. Thank you,

Viet - Android Tech :

Are you there?

Customer:

I have tried many times pressing the power on/off button and holding for about 30 seconds and then switching back on, it still switches itself back on and only shows the Google Logo.

Viet - Android Tech :

I'm sorry, this issue could be either software or hardware. Please try the following fix to check:

Viet - Android Tech :

1. Press & hold the power on/off button for about 15 seconds.

Viet - Android Tech :

2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the tablet turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.

Viet - Android Tech :

, then do you see the a menu with some options, including Recovery mode?

Viet - Android Tech :

Are you still there?

Viet - Android Tech :

Let me continue to provide you all the steps.

Viet - Android Tech :

3. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight the option "Recovery mode."

Viet - Android Tech :

4. Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. (You will see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command.")

Viet - Android Tech :

5. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.

Viet - Android Tech :

6. Use the Volume Up / Down buttons to scroll to the option "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.

Viet - Android Tech :

7. Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data," then press the Power button to select it.

Viet - Android Tech :

Note: If your tablet becomes unresponsive at any point during these steps, you can restart it by holding down the Power button for several seconds.

Viet - Android Tech :

You can see these steps for factory reset at in the instruction video at the website below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV1ffMCXRg4#t=100
; see starting at the minute 1:40

Viet - Android Tech :

We've been communicating, but it looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,