Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your Android Tablets and Phones
62924203

My Lenovo S6000 I dea tab has stopped working , each time I

My Lenovo S6000 I dea tab has stopped working , each time I switch on it asks me to set the time zone and language but goes no further
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

Sounds like something went wrong during the update. We have a couple of options.

You can reset the device to factory (losing all your info in the process, but its likely that it is already gone at this point) by powering off the device, holding the volume UP key, and holding down the power button at the same time. You can view a demonstration by clicking HERE. (It isn't in english but you can still see what to do.)

Once the device is on the boot menu, one of the volume keys will move the arrow up and down and the other will select the option. Select Recovery menu, then select factory reset.

If the tablet is in the wrong language, follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks very much. It seems to have reset itself after an update, only problem I have now is when I attempt to open Skype I get a message saying check mobile network settings. I can't find it under settings, any ideas?

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Skype needs a network connection. You'll need to connect to your home WIFI hotspot, assuming you have one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean my WiFi network? When I turn on my tablet it automatically connects to my WiFi

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
If the device was indeed reset to factory you'll need to connect to the WIFI network 1 time, and then it will automatically connect again in the future.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The device is connecting but Skype for android won't it keeps saying check mobile network settings

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Go the the Google Play store and download the newest version of Skype. The original version on your tablet is probably outdated and will not work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I downloaded it again this morning but I'll try again later and see what happens. I'll be in touch. Many thanks

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Uninstall, restart, then reinstall.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have reinstalled it and appears to working alright. Many thanks