Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Kindle paperlight is showing its usual page save images on

Kindle paperlight is showing its usual page save images on switching on, but then only a blank lit screen is showing. Connection to computer enables full content being shown in list
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Steve G. :

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Steve G. :

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Steve G. :

How about when you plug the Kindle into the wall charger. Do you see the full content then?

JACUSTOMER-bj2k4yay- :

First thing I tried. No response.

Steve G. :

Ok, could the charger be bad? Do you have another? Many other devices use teh same kind of charger. The fact that it boots up when plugged into the computer but not the charger would indicate to me that A: the Kindle has a very low battery level and B: the charger is not charging.

JACUSTOMER-bj2k4yay- :

Charged when fault first showed. ***** *****ght turned to green after about one hour, suggesting full charge.

Steve G. :

If you plug it into the computer, pull up a page from a book and then pull the cable, what happens?

JACUSTOMER-bj2k4yay- :

Am I right in assuming that you mean with the computer open at the Kindle app?

Steve G. :

Ahh, I understand what you meant now. You have the Kindle app on your computer. Forget everything I said then.

Steve G. :

So you basically have a non responsive Kindle regardless of what it is plugged into.

JACUSTOMER-bj2k4yay- :

correct.Although when plugged in I get the wording on the Kindle--" if you want to continue in Kindle reading or store while using usb leave attached but eject from computer"

Steve G. :

Ok, press and hold the power button on the Kindle for about 40 seconds. That should clear it. Sounds like a glitch.

JACUSTOMER-bj2k4yay- :

asked -- select---chose restart--chose restart--- and lo and behold we're back in. Thank you.

Steve G. :

Excellent. Do that whenever you have issues with the Kindle. It fixes 99% of problems.

Steve G. :

Have a great day. If you would consider rating my service favourably, it will allow me to help more customers like you. Thanks very much.

JACUSTOMER-bj2k4yay- :

many thanks--will now select a happy face.