Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized ASUS partner, 5 years experience with Android support
63083622

Hello I have a Nexus 7 2013 model. It slipped off the back of my settee and now when I try to switch it on a white light flashes on and off five times next to the charging port and it wont switch on. Do you know what might be wrong with it? Thank you S. Stanham.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected. If you haven't already, try charging it up for about 90 minutes. Then try starting it again. Even if the seller won't cover it, you might be able to have it factory serviced, if it is still within the warranty period AND there's no visible damage to it.

Wes :

The flashing may indicate that it doesn't have enough power to start. I have seen this with Nexus 7s that have completely flat batteries. Now, it is possible that the drop damaged the battery or the battery connections. Neither of which can be fixed without taking the unit apart.

Customer:

Hello Wes thank you for your reply. I did as you instructed and charged my Nexus 7 for exactly 90 minutes. I swtched it on and it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so pleased you are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant thank you enough so Ivegiven you an excellent rating. Thank you again. Suzanne