Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a galaxy y gt-s5360 that was purchased last December.

I have a galaxy y gt-s5360 that was purchased last December. It has been fine until last night when I put it on charge. When I returned the sreen is blank and every few seconds "flashe the Samsung galaxxy gt-s5360" - it will not do anything else. I have removed and re-inserted battery but this makes no difference. HELP
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.
To help me better assist you, please tell me:
What is the last thing you tried to perform on your cell phone? Did you try to root your phone or to install some apps?
Do you have memory card inserted in your phone?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last thing I did was view a message thread, then returned to home page.

noticed the battery was low so put on charge as usual and left to charge.

Yes there is a memory card inserted.

Thank you for your reply.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Looks like that your phone is stuck in "loop boot", for that reason software on your phone can't start up. But, this situation can be caused by hardware issue too (defective mainboard). Let's check every possibility to be sure it isn't something wrong with the software.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Remove and replace battery. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Tab.
If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Remove and replace battery. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
If none of the previous solutions works the next troubleshooting step will be hard/factory reset. That procedure will delete data from internal memory but not from memory card (such as music or photos). If you have registered Google account on your phone (and synced) you will be able to bring back all your contacts.
To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset". Confirm using Home button.
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Check the picture below to locate buttons

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have tried all of the above and nothing has changed. Still flashing "Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 every few seconds and only way to turn off is remove battery.

Thank you for your reply and additional information.
Because none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).
Bad news is that your phone is defective. I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, hard reset). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.
Good news is that your phone is still under warranty (1-year warranty), so you should receive a new phone for free.
You will have to contact your seller/provider or Samsung directly at 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864) to arrange replacement.
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.
Please let me know if you are not satisfied with my help or if you need more information. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Kind Regards,
Todd