A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.
71208907

how to recover my contacts folder on my Samsung S3mini

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 3 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stvens here to help with your question.

A. Stevens :

So just to be sure, basically your phone was syncing with your "old" Google account, but you were unable to log in to it. So then you synced your phone with your "new" Google account, thus causing you to lose your contacts tied with your "old" Google account. Is this correct?

A. Stevens :

Please let me know when you return, so that we can continue to work on your question.

JACUSTOMER-uucynwh3- :

Hi A. Stevens,

JACUSTOMER-uucynwh3- :

Thank you for replying.

JACUSTOMER-uucynwh3- :

Yes….I have since then had a Samsung Technician talk me through various 'hoops' exploring both 'old Google' and ' new Google accounts' only to find there is nothing in the 'con tats' folder !

JACUSTOMER-uucynwh3- :

sorry …the' contacts folder'

JACUSTOMER-uucynwh3- :

Therefore is there any chance of finding / being able to retrieve the contacts by some other 'route' ?

JACUSTOMER-uucynwh3- :

JACUSTOMER-uucynwh3- :

Hamish

There are two options available at this time.
1 - You can try to access your old Google account on the computer to see if the contacts are there. Of course as you had already mentioned you were unable to login so this would require locating the login information or resetting the password. You can attempt to reset the password *****: https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/
2 - Did you ever back your phone up to your computer using Samsung Kies? If so, the information would be on your computer and you would be able to access it there.