Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I have a samsung tablet about 2yrs old,galaxy tab 2 p5110 ?

I have a samsung tablet about 2yrs old,galaxy tab 2 p5110 ? just in the last 2 weeks it has started not to want to charge when you plug in the charger to it it comes up with the little red X in the battery sign it will take about 25/30 goes to get it to expect it any ideas please.
Ray Hardy
*****@******.***
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The red X on the battery icon indicates that it is not "fast charging". This usually happens when the charging source is of low power like from computer or if there is any problem with the USB cable. I think the problem is with your USB cable.

Can you try charging with different USB cable ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for coming back to me,

I can't try this today but i will try and by one from somewhere i'm on holiday at the mo in Portugal so will go out and find but how long before i have to pay again if what you have said and me getting a new wire doesn't do the the trick.

Thanks for you time

Ray Hardy

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ray, this is not a software issue. A new USB cable should work unless the battery is failing. But the logic board and other components should be fine. Make sure you buy the genuine USB cable from samsung/other good brands and not any cheap ones.

Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me when you are back, without paying again.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your time but how can i rate it till i have tried what you said about the charger once i find a charger and if it works i rate the service what i would say is that only when that is done will i say anything,if i had done a job i would want to know it works first in my trade aswell

not a bad service on this was easy money for you i could have gone to a shop and asked for free in the uk but im not there.

I will go to a shop in town asap to get to try what you have said

thanks for help

ray hardy

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ray, you don't have to rate now. You can rate me later. And remember, get a genuine USB cable and charger. You can try the cable from the shop before you buy it.

Just post a reply here after you tried new cable and adaptor.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon

Well i have tried 6 shops now in Portugal however none have this tab 2 cable so i will just have to wait until i get home to the Uk and expect that it is what you have said it is i think.

I have put on order from play dot com just the lead as the charger must be ok as when i put the lead in there for my phone it works

Not sure what to do now do i rate you good now and hope it is the lead ?

Thanks for your time though.

I wonder if Samsung do an adaptor that goes from the old Tab 2 type to the newer type that they now use rather than to have to try and but a new lead or a new tablet ?

I rate you Good as it stands but hold proper ratting till i get back home and try the new lead next week.

Thank You

Ray Hardy

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ray, There are two possible reasons. Either the battery is dying or the problem is with the cable. That is what the x icon indicates. I'm not 100% sure it is the cable. It could be the battery also like I mentioned in my second answer. But we don't know until we try a new cable on it.

You don't neccessarily need to buy the exact cable designed for the Tab 2. Any good USB cable will work on the Tab. Make sure you get a quality one.

If it isn't the cable, then the problem is with the battery. By showing that icon, it is telling you that the the charging process is very slow. Your Tab will still charge even if it shows the x icon.

The other components of your Tab like logic board, internal memory and other hardwares are fine.

You can rate me now if you want. You can also get back to me later even if you've rated me.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Afternoon

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, i got back from hols and then was busy catching up with work,then i had to get down to the samsung shop, which i have now done and the new lead from them works ok, i did get another one off the net but that didn't work!

but all good and working ok

Ray hardy

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ray, The one you got from net was probably not genuine. I'm glad everything is working now.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,
Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience: Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions