A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Computer Engineer
Experience:  I've owned android devices and tablets for years and understand how the work.
71208907

the battery in my samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch has suddenly

the battery in my samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch has suddenly started to run down very quickly, i tried a new battery but it makes no difference
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 3 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

I think the next thing to try is a factory reset of the device.

A. Stevens :

It may be something in the software causing your battery issue, since you said that you've already tried a new battery.

A. Stevens :

Before attempting a hard reset, ensure that you have backed up all of your data beforehand.

Alternatively you can use the back up and restore app ready installed on your handset, like this:

From any Home screen, select the applications icon (located in the upper right).
Select Settings.
Select Back up and reset
From the Backup & restore section, ensure the appropriate account is selected from the Backup account field then configure the following:
(Enabled is when a check mark is present.)
Back up my data:
Personal data such as WiFi passwords, Browser bookmarks, User dictionary, a list of installed Market application and other customized settings are backed up to Google's servers.
Automatic restore:
Data and settings are restored to applications utilizing the backup service upon reinstallation.

Note that if data back up is disabled, existing backups are deleted from Google's servers.

From a home screen, select Apps (Located at the bottom when viewed in portrait or at the upper right in landscape.)
From the Apps tab, select Settings.
Select Back up and reset.
Select Factory data reset.
To reset the device select Reset device (enter password/PIN if prompted). Select Continue and then delete all.

Customer:

thank you steven for your amazing patience, wtf is the matter with you, i would have thought that you would at least understand that i need to wait a day or two to make sure that your advice fixed my problem, as it happens it looks like it did, next time you give somobody advice on solving their problem please have the decency to allow them time to check that your advice worked for them and not keep pestering them with dozens of emails within hours of you giving the advice, some people have other things going on in their lives and can't drop everything to please you.

A. Stevens :

Hi..I apologize if you got multiple emails about the issue..but it should have only notified you once with my answer. Please do contact customer care if you continue to get multiple messages because this definitely should not be happening. I was in no rush at all, was just trying to give you the information you had asked for.

A. Stevens :

You can contact Just Answer Customer Care/Billing at these places:
Email:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
Phone:
US/Canada 1.888.862.9212
Australia 1.800.679.634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0808-189-0970
The rest of the world 1-925-418-3893

A. Stevens :

I hope I was able to help you.
If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the smiley faces below would be greatly appreciated.
If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here.
Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!