Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

How can I conect my Galaxy S3 mini to my Panasonic TV (TX P37X20B)

Customer Question

How can I conect my Galaxy S3 mini to my Panasonic TV (TX P37X20B) using an MHL to HDMI media adaptor.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm really sorry for the bad news. The Galaxy S3 mini version does not support the MHL or USB host. You can't output video from the S3 mini to your TV. This is a hardware limitation and not a software issue. See here : http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i8190_galaxy_s_iii_mini-review-829p2.php

FYI some MHL Adaptors requires external power. You have to connect a USB or normal charging cable to the MHL adaptor, then only it will work. Check whether your MHL adaptor have a charging or USB port. If do, then you will have to plug it in. Although this might not work for your S3 Mini, you can give this a try.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks very much, I have just checked the package the leads come in and it says S3 but not S3 mini.

Thanks again.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
You're most welcome Andrew. S3 Mini doesn't have the required hardware to output the video via USB port.

Best Regards,
Ashik