Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I am looking for some advice. I am the owner of a Samsung

Customer Question

I am looking for some advice.
I am the owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 purchased in April of last year.
Two weeks ago, the device alerted me that it had a firmware upgrade to install and I pressed the install and the process seemed to be progressing fine.
However, post install, the device does not get beyond the "SAMSUNG" logo before effectively doing nothing. On power up, I see the "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" message, followed by the elliptical animation and short tune and finally the "SAMSUNG" logo.
I have tried to connect via KIES, but my laptop no longer recognises the Galaxy - it recognises a USB connection, because the laptop tries to install a driver and fails. I have run the KIES connection troubleshooting option for wired USB connection and the driver is reinstalled OK, but still the laptop does not recognise the Galaxy. KIES recognises my Samsung S5 phone.
As I have a back-up on my laptop, I have tried running the hard reset on the Galaxy Tab to return to factory settings. This has told me that it has erased all data, but still no change when in operation mode.
What else can I do?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

When you performed the factory reset, did the tablet go through the long process of reinstalling the operating system? After the process has completed, it should either restart or prompt you for a restart. If this did not occur, the process did not complete.

JoelK :

You need to have a full charge on the device before performing an update or a reset, and it should also be connected to the charger. Did you satisfy these conditions before each of these operations?

JACUSTOMER-0zh3kawr- :

Hi Joel,

JACUSTOMER-0zh3kawr- :

the device was fully charged and connected - I left it overnight to complete the update. In the morning it had the Samsung logo but did nothing else.

JoelK :

Okay. You did everything correctly, but, apparently, the process did not complete. You said that you did a factory reset, and that it showed that it had erased all data. But what happened next? It sounds like that process did not complete either.

JoelK :

I recommend that you repeat the factory reset and watch what happens at each step in the process.