Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

My Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab bought in january 2013 has now"frozen"

My Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab bought in january 2013 has now"frozen" on three occasions.
By this I mean it retains the picture on screen, but it cannot be changed and the tablet cannot be switched off.
I have dealt with this so far by leaving it for trhe battery to run out and then re-charging it, but this is obviously not right.
Can I have a) the cause (which I won't understand!), and
b) the cure.
Inga.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. The cause is that like a computer, if the tablet has been running for a long time, its memory get used up, so it gets frozen. When frozen, to cure it right away, just press & hold the power on/off button on the tablet for about 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and check.

To prevent this issue, once in awhile (like a couple of days, or so), power off / restart the tablet (press & hold power on/off button for a couple of seconds or so, then it will give you the power off / restart option.)

Please let me know. Thank you