Gameguy360
Gameguy360, Technician
Experience:  8 years radioshack store manager 2 years video game system repairs
41474190

Received my new Samsung Galaxy S5 today. Local Telephone

Customer Question

Received my new Samsung Galaxy S5 today. Local Telephone Warehouse guy transferred my existing contacts list to the new sim and that is all OK. However, although I contacted Vodafone and asked them to transfer my existing mobile number to the new phone, this has not happened and all I get, when I tried to call or send a text to anyone, is "no network, cannot connect to a network". How can I transfer my existing mobile number to the new Samsung Galaxy S5?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Gameguy360 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello, in order to get your phone number on your new phone you will need to do a few things. You need to contact your service provider Vodafone, tell them you need to do an esn change. ESN stands for electronic serial number. They will then give you instructions to program the phone. Do not hang up with them until the phone is working and you have made a test call.

Customer:

Also you must make sure the phone you bought is compatible with vodafone service. Vodafone should be able to tell you the answer to that as well.