toughguy
toughguy, Android Help
Experience:  A Post Graduate in computer science with over 11 years of experience in Computer Hardware, Software & Android devices
21067471

Called my wife's mobile phone whilst both in Turkey had a 5

Called my wife's mobile phone whilst both in Turkey had a 5 minute call. It appears that the call didn't disconnect so a 2 hour call registered. I 'supposedly' by my provider had held the call. My wife did 'end call' as usual but the call still registered for 2 hours on her phone also. Why wasn't it terminated at least at her end? Can you advise please. Phones were Samsung S3 and Samsung Ace.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  toughguy replied 2 years ago.
toughguy :

toughguy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer

toughguy :

Can you please let me know how did you find if the PHONE call ran for 2 hrs?

toughguy :

is it from your phone call records or from the telecom operator?

Customer:

Both. I could see current usage 4 X 30 minute calls/extensions on usage and a 2 hour long call on the phone before an automatic termination.

toughguy :

If your telecom operator has mentioned that the call ran for 2 hrs. can you please check in your and your wife PHONE LOGS on the duration of the call

toughguy :

If it is also matching 2hr then the telecom operator billing is correct

toughguy :

if the durations are NOT MATCHING to 2hr then most probably it is problem with telecom operator

toughguy :

please make sure you have the call logs from your phones saved so that you can raise this concern with telecom operator

toughguy :

and ensure that youare NOTBILLED for 2hrs

toughguy :

for that you need to ensure you have proper records..

Customer:

My wife's phone logs are the same.

Customer:

So why isn't a call terminated when either part terminates the call?

toughguy :

Can you confirm if you wife's log shows 2 hrs or LESS?

Customer:

She has 2hrs showing as well.

toughguy :

then most probably the problem is with your wife's phone

toughguy :

The operator might charge her for 2hrs..

Customer:

Yes. I don't think I am going to get out of this one and just put it down to user error unfortunately.

toughguy :

does she DISCONNECT the call? It is quite possible that you hang up, but she may have forgotten to disconnect the call

toughguy :

and the operator might have some AUTO DISCONNECT setting for 2 hrs and they have disconnected the call..

toughguy :

Your logic of disconnecting call when ONE of the parties hang up is valid, but the functionality depends on the CONFIGURATION on the telecom operator side also

Customer:

We can't prove it either way. just never had this problem before.

toughguy :

ok..

toughguy :

sorry for what has happened with you and your wife..

toughguy :

I donot think we can do anything with this problem now as it is related to telecom operator

toughguy :

is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer:

No but thanks anyway. I was just looking for some independent advice.

toughguy :

Ok.. Thanks a lot for using JustAnswer

toughguy :

Kindly leave your valuable feedback

toughguy, Android Help
Experience: A Post Graduate in computer science with over 11 years of experience in Computer Hardware, Software & Android devices