Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

Can you help me with a samsung galaxy 2 tablet which won't

Customer Question

Can you help me with a samsung galaxy 2 tablet which won't charge? I have tried several of the suggestions I have found online. I am using a samsung charger and usb cable.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

To prevent giving you the solution that you have already tried please let me know which procedures you have already performed.
When did you purchase your Tab?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My tablet was 2 years old in September the model number is *****

I have tried:

Blowing into the charging port and into the usb cable

Unplugging the tablet, holding the power button down for 30 secs, plugging the device in, waiting for 2 minutes and then holding the power again for 30 secs.

Holding the power and the volume buttons down at the same time fir about 1 minute.

I sometimes get the battery symbol in the main display area showing a level of charging but it flashes off and the battery is clearly not charged.

I have in the pst found the little robot which gave me an option to reboot the memory, but i didn't have enough charge to complete.

I have also purchased replacement usb cables which don't appear to work at all.

I am curious about how long these tablets are supposed to last.

Hi Liza,
Thank you for your reply and additional information.
First of all, I need to say that you did a great job. You already tried all available online troubleshooting steps.
Battery should last minimum 2 years. After 2 years the signs of capacity reduction can appear (won't charge, low battery level etc.).
Problem on your Tab can be bad battery or defective charging port. Because defective port is the main problem in 95% it's not a good idea to replace the battery without testing the Tab.
The best option in this case (hardware problem or bad battery) will be to contact directly Samsung at 0330 SAMSUNG (726 7864) (Monday - Saturday | 9am to 6pm) to arrange repair.
If you want to replace the battery by yourself please check the Ebay offers for the battery replacement - click here. Step by step instruction how to replace battery - click here
Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online and you already tried all available troubleshooting steps.
Because I was not of much help, if you are not satisfied with my answer please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me), use the link below to request refund (your deposit will be refunded) - click here
If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I struggled for a bit and then borrowed a samsung charger from a friend and that cured the problem. Apparently is was the plug in charger that was faulty. It is working fine now. thanks