Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

my Samsung tablet has been locked by a fake site called porncheckorg.com

my Samsung tablet has been locked by a fake site called porncheckorg.com they request £100 to unlock. what can I do ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Robert! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Samsung tablet?

Have you tried to power off the tablet completely (press & hold power on/off button for about 20 seconds), then turn it back on and check?

If that does not work, is it okay to reset the tablet fresh?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model Samsung 10 Galaxy Note.I have tried as requested I get into TABLET BUT WHEN I press to the internet this notice comes back up

Does this issue only occur with the internet app? Are you able to use any other app, such as Messaging, Settings, Play Store, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes only the internet

Thank you. Please power off the tablet completely again, then turn it back on. Then don't open internet yet, but go to Settings app, then Apps or Application manager option, then go to the All option, then scroll down, then open internet app there, then clear data (and/or clear cache), and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no internet app on the application Manager list

In Application Manager, did you go to the ALL option first?

And/or in Application Manager, swipe from right to left a couple of times, then you will see all the application names.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the internet app now

Great, in Application manager, tap on the Internet app, then tap on the option to clear data (and/or clear cache), then see if internet works now.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does Thank you so much for your help.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience