Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized ASUS partner, 5 years experience with Android support
63083622

My Google Nexus 7 32 GB tablet purchased on 6 Dec 2012 will

My Google Nexus 7 32 GB tablet purchased on 6 Dec 2012 will not switch on, worked perfectly allright last time I used it (about a week ago). Thought it might be low battery so have charged it for a few hours and it still will not switch on - have you any suggestions? The display flickers very dimly from time to time whilst the tablet is under charge. Thank you
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected. Do you get any LEDs flashing?

Wes :

My suspicion is that the battery is flat and not taking a charge. If you have another micro-USB cable, try using that to make sure the plug isn't worn out. Sometimes the plugs will wear to the point where they will go in, but won't connect well enough to charge the device. Try letting it charge for ~8 hours and see what happens. If it still won't turn on, there is a problem with it that can't be fixed easily.

Wes :

It looks like you may have disconnected. When you would like to continue our conversation, type a response in the box below and hit the reply button. I will be sent a message that you have reconnected and I will reconnect to you as soon as I can. Bear in mind that I am located in the United States (Central Time) and if you are in a different time zone, that may affect response times and availability.

Wes, Consultant
Experience: Authorized ASUS partner, 5 years experience with Android support
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.
If your battery has gone into a deep discharge state, a slow charge could work better than the quick charge provided by your charger. You can get a slow charge by using the usb cable to connect your tablet to a usb charging port on your computer or laptop.