Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

Hi!My Samsung galaxy Tab 3 is not switching on, and does not

Customer Question

Hi!My Samsung galaxy Tab 3 is not switching on, and does not seem to be charging either?Any ideas?
Einir
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your Tab can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Tab.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Tab into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Tab to reboot.
4. Test your Tab (try to charge it).
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Above options failed...Any other suggestions?

Hi Einir,
Thank you for your reply.
If none of the previous solutions works the next troubleshooting step will be hard reset. This procedure (if helps) will delete data from your internal memory but not from SD memory card. All data synced with your Google account registered will not be lost.
Please press and hold Volume Down, Volume Up and Power button at the same time. You should be prompted with the Recovery menu. Please try this and let me know if there is any sign of life and I'll provide you with the rest of procedure.
Let me know the result please. I'll be waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd