Steve G.
Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Hi ***** Galaxy Can I improve my signal at

Hi ***** Galaxy Can I improve my signal at home only works outside .Regards Irene
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Steve G. replied 2 years ago.
Steve G. :

Hi Irene, my name is Steve. I will try and assist you and if I can't, I'll open it up for other mobile experts.

Steve G. :

So, who is your mobile provider?

Steve G. :

And, roughly where do you live? In a city? In the country?

Customer:

My provider is the Utility Warehouse They use T MOBILE EE and ORANGE. I live in the country but have very good Wi fi connection.

Steve G. :

Ok, cellular service does not use WiFi. You use WiFi for email etc when you are at home - this saves your cellular data. The quality of your cell signal though has nothing to do with WiFi.

Steve G. :

Are you on TMobile or Orange?

Customer:

I am not sure. Will I have to contact my provider?

Steve G. :

Well, my question was going to be "was you previous mobile on the same provider and how was the service at your location?"

Customer:

I had a cheap Nokia before which worked a little better but as we have just moved into this property that is not much help to you

Steve G. :

Is your home stone or brick?

Customer:

Brick

Steve G. :

That may have something to do with it although nearly every home in the UK is stone or brick.

Steve G. :

If you walk outside the front door and you suddenly have 5 bars, it may be your home.

Customer:

Yes I appreciate that ,but I wanted to know if there is some way of boosting the signal. My daughter has an i phone and gets a good signal would it be an app?

Steve G. :

No, it would be hardware I'm afraid.

Customer:

That sounds expensive !

Steve G. :

Yes, I'm looking now.

Steve G. :

250 quid :(

Steve G. :

http://www.cellantenna.co.uk/index.php?id=cae50

Steve G. :

Is there a possibility that you can swap your phone for a different brand?

Steve G. :

There is a small chance that the phone is faulty. Small but you may be able to use that as leverage and get another type?

Customer:

I Think I may have to go down that route. Would you recommend an i phone ?

Steve G. :

I would.

Steve G. :

I am a user since the 3S so about 4-5 years and have had no problems.

Steve G. :

You can get a 5S or a 6 or 6 plus. I'm not sure of the cost implications but if you can get a 6, go for it.

Customer:

Thank you for your help Steve much appreciated