Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Hi I'm trying to transfer my contacts, photos etc from my Galaxy

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to transfer my contacts, photos etc from my Galaxy Ace S5830i to my iphone 5c. I don't have them already backed up on google to my computer and I don't have the software to do that now
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

What email domain is your phone registered with?

JACUSTOMER-2wpewo9n- :

Hi Joel my main email is Hotmail but I also had to create a gmail account when I was setting up iphone.

JoelK :

Hi. Thank you for your response to my inquiry. Please look through your contacts and tell me what type of contacts they are. They may be phone contacts, Samsung contacts, Google contacts, or a mixture of these. The contact types are indicated by logos on each individual contact.

JACUSTOMER-2wpewo9n- :

Hi, they are all phone contacts. Friend's telephone numbers only.

JACUSTOMER-2wpewo9n- :

There are no logos

JoelK :

Does your hotmail web application have a contacts capability online?

JACUSTOMER-2wpewo9n- :

Not sure what you mean. I have email contacts which were originally set up on my laptop in my Hotmail account but these only have email addresses and not phone numbers. This 'syncing' is new to me I am OLD :-) All I wanted to do was try and follow the instructions to 'sync' my contacts phone numbers from my Galaxy Ace to my iPhone. I'm not all that concerned about email addresses as I only send emails from my laptop. I want to try and 'sync' photos (but I've now sent them by email!!) and some important text messages too but I might now just text them! Ironically had I done all of this individually I would've done it by now AND saved £13!

JoelK :

It is helpful that you have already handled your photos and text messages manually. I can help you handle all your contacts at the same time in bulk, which can save you a lot of time and effort. When we are done, I think you will find that contacting JustAnswer for assistance will have been worthwhile.

JACUSTOMER-2wpewo9n- :

I hope so Joel thanks. I have to go now so I'll pick up the thread tomorrow morning

JoelK :

Roger that.

JACUSTOMER-2wpewo9n- :

Hi Joel. I still await solution. I have received email asking me to rate your answer but I still haven't received any instructions on how to transfer my contacts.

JoelK :

Please excuse the delay in my response, which is due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

JoelK :

Here is the procedure that I am recommending for you:

1) You can sync your android phone contacts to your hotmail account on the web. Then you can export these contacts to a .csv file on your computer. You can then connect your iphone to your computer and import the file to your iphone contacts.

JoelK :

1) You can sync your android phone contacts to your hotmail account on the web.
2) You can export these contacts to a .csv file on your computer.
3) You can then connect your iphone to your computer and import the file to your iphone contacts.

JoelK :

Please let me know when you are ready to do this, and I will give you the details. I can also explain the process and help you with any problems that you may have.

JoelK :

We can work out the details together...

JoelK :

What is your computer, pc or mac?

JACUSTOMER-2wpewo9n- :

Hi Joel - I've sorted them now. All individually. It was quicker! Naivety on my part in more ways than one I think. For being a complete idiot when it comes to cell phone technology AND for forking out £13 to an online site who, as far as I know, might really not exist! As for the £13 I don't suppose I can be credited now can I? As for the customer service rating I'll choose the 'OK Service' to enable you to achieve your credit.....allowing for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Cheers ***** ***** Karl

Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
Karl -
I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service, and I am sorry that I was unable to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.
If any problems arise in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.
- Joel
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Joel - will do

Roger that.