Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with the porncheckorg.com virus.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with the porncheckorg.com virus. How do I get rid of it? Thank you.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

A. Press & hold the power on/off button on the S3 for about 20 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

B. If that does not work:

1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Phone options prompt appears then release.
  2. Select and hold option Power off until the Restart in Safe Mode prompt appears then release.
  3. Tap Turn On Safe Mode.
    The restart process may take up to 45 seconds to complete.
    Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower left of the unlock/home screen.

4. Go to Settings -> Apps (or Application Manager), then uninstall any bad app you see.
5. Then in Apps, then swipe from right to left a few times times in order to see ALL apps, then tap on the Internet or Browser app, then clear data/cache.
6. Restart the phone normally, then and check.

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The safe-mode prompt is not appearing. Please tell me what to do.

Sorry, does it let you do this now: press & hold power for 20 seconds, then turn it back on, then right away, Go to Settings -> Apps (or Application manager), then uninstall any bad app you see.
. Then in Apps, then swipe from right to left a couple of times in order to see all apps, then tap on the Internet or Browser app, then clear data/cache.
. Restart the phone normally, then and check.

If tha does not work, press & hold power button for 20 seconds
, then turn on the phone. Now as the phone boots up keep pressing the Menu soft key which is immediately to the left of the Home Button.
, you should see the monochrome Safe Mode showing the bottom left edge of the screen
. Go to Apps, then uninstall any bad app you see.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It worked out! Thanks! Cleared cache and got rid of suspect apps.

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience.