Hello Sylvia! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.I'm sorry about the issue. If possible (do it quickly), please try:Go to SETTINGS, then Apps or APPLICATION MANAGER, then slide from right to left a few times to show the option ALL, then scroll down to: ***** *****, then clear Data/Cache.- If that does not work, the phone software is corrupted, we can wipe cache partition and/or we have to reset the phone to fix; please try the following:1. Power your phone off. If it's frozen, remove and replace the battery to turn it off.2. Press & hold down the 3 buttons: Volume Up and Home and Power at the same time for about 10 seconds. Release them when the Android logo appears on the screen. This will bring up the unlock/reset menu.3. Use Volume Up / Down button to select/highlight the option Wipe cache partition, then press Power button, and confirm if prompted, then reboot the phone and check. If that does not work, please continue the steps below:
4. Do step #1 and #2 again. (Power your phone off. Press & hold down the 3 buttons: Volume Up and Home and Power at the same time for about 10 seconds. Release them when the Android logo appears on the screen. This will bring up the unlock/reset menu.)
5. Use Volume Up / Down button to select/highlight the option Wipe Data/Factory Reset, then press Power button.
6. Use Volume Up / Down button to select/highlight the option Yes - Delete All User Data, then press Power button.
7. Wait a bit until it's done resetting.
8. When prompted, press Power button to select Reboot System Now.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to re-set up the phone; it should work.Please let me know. Thank you,
I have tried your advice about twenty times but cannot get the
android logo up on the screen
Sorry. Please make sure you have powered off the phone completely first (remove battery ,then reinstall it), then make sure you press those 3 buttons at the same time. Please click on the website below and watch the video instructions:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G77QEe-0Wfw#t=82(starting at the minute 1:22)Please let me know. Thank you,
I have now wiped everything which is OK but how do I
get back to English from the opening screen ?
No, I have just powered back on after doing a hard reset from
the video and everything is in Chinese
That's strange. After wiping, usually, it lets you choose the language. Can you try following the steps, even though it's in Chinese, go to the website below to watch the English setup, and match them:http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Set-Up-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-for-the-First-Time-/10000000177371112/g.htmlor watch video setup:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4R46HKn6_k#t=73, then match instructions below for changing language: Watch video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2FwWoc73yY
Please let me know. Thank you
It's ok. I've found the list and am now 'English ' again !
Many thanks for your help.