ptorres007
ptorres007, Other
Experience:  10 years in the IT industry with certifications.
34552149

I have just received my new tablet as my previous 1 had problems

Customer Question

I have just received my new tablet as my previous 1 had problems with the camera however it is asking for a pin number to enter into it. I have not set a pin number.
it is the Hannspree SN1AT74B
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  ptorres007 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer:

It sounds like you are stuck at the pin screen and unable to get further?

Customer:

If you do not have the pin to enter the tablet you will have to do a factory reset using the android system recovery

Customer:

To do this you will have to do the following (keep in mind all data is erased including pictures, music, etc):

1. Press and hold VolumeUp(+) button and Power button at the same time for 5 seconds, and release both buttons to enter system recovery utility. If you get anything, power down completely by holding the power button for 45 seconds, then hold VolumeUP and the power button
2. You should be given a list on the screen of options choose: Wipe Data/Factory ResetRun Factory Data Reset. All settings will be restored to factory default settings and user will be required to do the initial setting.

Customer:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
John, did you follow the instructions? How did it go for you? Let me know by replying in the box below. Thank you.