Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

my galaxy note 3 is throwing me up a block from internet it

Customer Question

my galaxy note 3 is throwing me up a block from internet it is saying pay $200 to unblock it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have this problem with Internet application or with all browsers/applications ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just my galaxy note 3

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Are you completely locked out of your Note 3 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just my web browser on galaxy note 3

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just the web browser on the note 3

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello im just locked out of web browser on note 3

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Your Note is affected my malware/virus. Open Play Store application and install the avast! Ransomware Removal application. Run it : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.malwareremoval

If that didn't work, then boot your Note 3 in Safe Mode and then remove the virus. Follow the steps below;

Power off the device. Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device. Immediately, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. This will boot your Note 3 to Safe Mode.

Then goto Settings > Apps (or Applications Manager). Tap All tab or swipe left/right to All tab. Search Internet (browser). Then tap Force Stop, tap Clear Data and tap Clear Cache.

Then look for any unusual applications like SimpLocker, CryptoLocker etc and remove/uninstall them.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you i did not find SimpLocker, CryptoLocker etc so i downloaded avast and it cleared it up i now can get on web browser thank you again Ashik now i was only charged the $15 once right?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Yes Robert. I'm glad you got it worked.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day,
Ashik