Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

I have a new Galaxy Young 2 on which I set a screen lock -

Customer Question

I have a new Galaxy Young 2 on which I set a screen lock - but I cant remember the password ***** cant get into the phone at all. Is there anything I can do please?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all, sorry for the late response. Your question is something that we call "bad messenger" question, for that reason many Experts do not wish to answer this kind of question.
The only way to unlock your phone is to perform procedure that will delete password, but that procedure will also delete data from your internal phone memory. Memory card data will not be affected (pictures, videos and music are by default stored on memory card).
Will that be OK?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, ok. Will that delete my contacts?

Hi Nicky,
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately yes, if your contacts are not stored on your SIM card. If you have registered and synced Google account on your phone you will be able to transfer all contacts back.
To unlock you phone please perform the procedure below:
1. Turn off you phone. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and hold the Volume up, Home and Power buttons at the same time.
3. Release all buttons when you see the Samsung logo.
4. The Android System Recovery screen will be shown.
5. Scroll down to wipe data/factory reset using the Volume down button, then press the Power button to confirm the selection.
6. Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data, then press the Power button.
7. The device will be restored to factory settings.
8. Once finished, scroll to reboot system now, then press the Power button.
Check the picture below to locate buttons

Please note that this procedure require some practice.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd. Thanks I have managed to clear it, but now cant access my Samsung Account as I am getting Error message USR 3113 - any ideas please?

You're welcome Nicky. I'm glad that I could help.
Error message USR 3113 means that there`s something wrong with your Email Log in. Make sure you put @ sing for you email and to type password *****
Also, be sure that your phone is connected to wifi or data internet connection.
This kind of issue can appear when there is a problem with the Samsung server too.
Let me know the result. I'll be waiting for your reply.
At the end, if you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd - I suspect the problem may be interference from a previous account I had with Talk Talk as I found an error notification on my toolbar here. I have deleted that account now and will try again.

At least I can access the phone! I am so grateful for that and the rest of it I can hopefully sort out - otherwise I will come back to you for advice. I have marked you Excellent!! - thanks again

You're welcome.

Thanks for the Excellent rating. I really appreciated it.

Yes, interference between two accounts can be problem. Remove the previous one and register the same you had before reset procedure was performed.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more help. I'll be happy to help if needed.

Regards,

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I keep resetting my Gmail password, only to find an error message that my ID (e-mail address) and password ***** match!! Dont know what's going on but suspect its not me but a fault with Google?

Nicky,

Are you able to log in into Gmail using your computer - using your email and password?

Open the web Gmail page click here to open Gmail and try to log in.

If you are able to log into gmail web page, please try this on your phone:

1. Open Settings.

2. Select Accounts and Sync.

3. Tap Google Account

4. Now Sign in in your Google Account.

5. Put your full email address. For example: nicky @gmail.com

6. Make sure you do not put spaces in your email address.

7. Reboot your phone.

Let me know the result please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I have changed the password ***** again andcan access Google on my computer but when I try on line I get "Username and password ***** match"

That's strange.
To be sure that your Gmail and password ***** correct you, try to log in into Gmail (www.gmail.com). When you receive error message click on the ? mark sign.

You will be prompted with the option to reset password, to check your username and to troubleshoot this issue directly with Google (select "I know my username and password, but I can't sign in". When you resolve your issue with Gmail/Google account, use procedure above to registered your cell phone.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I will try again, thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, no good I am afraid. The computer is ok but I cant get either Google or e-mail setting to work on the phone. I wonder if its because its very busy at this time of night? I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks anyway for all your help.

Sorry for delay Nicky.
Yes, busy server (as I mentioned before) can be one of the reason you receive this error message.
Just to be sure, I'll provide you with the step by step procedure how to set Google account on your cell phone.
1. Connect your phone to wifi or mobile data.
2. Go to the Main menu.
3. Choose Market.
4. Choose Yes.
5. You will be prompted to add Google account. Select "Sign in".
6. Enter your full email address and password (the same that works on your computer). Make sure that you don’t have caps lock.
7. Select "Finish Setup" and confirm it.
The most important is to add Google account before Samsung account registration.
To add Samsung account, please use the procedure below:
1. Select "Menu > Settings > Accounts and Sync >Add Account > Samsung account".
2. Accept TOS
3. Enter your full Samsung email address and password.
4. Select "Sign up".
No rush, take your time. Your question will be open in the next 7 days. I'm online over 14 hours daily, so please don't hesitate to let me know if you still have difficulties.
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Todd. I think I may have sorted it by going into the three little dots at the top of the screen and going in via Browser, rather than the screen that came up with Settings! I have certainly got e-mails coming through so obviously I must have got somewhere! I will now set up the Samsung account as you say. Thanks again - I will certainly get back to you if I get stuck - and I think your service is brilliant!

Great job Nicky.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more help or difficulties to register your Samsung account. I'll be online waiting for your reply.
Regards,
Todd