Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I bought a Samsung Duos GT-S7582 in February this year. I'm

Customer Question

I bought a Samsung Duos GT-S7582 in February this year. I'm starting to have problems with the home button in that it sometimes when I press it nothing happens. So when this occurs, I have to press the power button to be able to unlock and use my phone. This may happen for a day or so and then the home button works. As I write, it's not working. Is the a known fault with these phones, or is there something I'm doing wrong or can to to rectify this matter?
Regards ***** *****
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Jim, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.
It could be a problem with the phone's software. We can try to reset some settings and test again.
Note: This reset will clear your sound and notification settings. You will have to reconfigure ringtones and notifications.
Go to Settings
Select Applications ->Manage Applications or Application Manager.
Select All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe left to go right to ALL)
Select Media Storage and tap Clear Data.
Go back to All and select Google Services Framework.
Select Clear Data.
Turn off (shut down) your device and turn it back on.
Test your issue with home button again.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!
Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nick,

Tried this and no difference. The home button is still not working.

Jim

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much Jim.
In order to conclude that the Home button hardware is faulty, we will have to do a Factory Reset. We can first backup. Do reset. Then restore data from backup.
First you need to Backup your phone to computer using Kies. Do not have Kies installed? Go to www.samsung.com/us/Kies and download Kies 2.6. After installed, open Kies. Connect your phone to computer and do a FULL Backup.
Then Factory reset your phone as follows:
Go to Settings
Select Backup & Reset
Select Factory data reset
Select Reset phone
Select Erase everything
Your phone will reset which will take about 2-3 minutes.
Set it up again.
Download your apps back.
Now connect your phone to computer and open Kies. Run a Restore. Select the Backup we did to reset your phone. All data will be restored to your phone.
Test to see if the Home button is working after reset or not. If still not working, please contact Samsung UK at 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864). Ask them to arrange sending your phone in for repairs.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nick,

The factory reset didn't work. I've contacted Samsung UK and I've to take my phone to my nearest Samsung Support Centre.

Jim

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your update Jim.
We did all we could. If that did not work, this issue is a hardware issue and has to be repaired.
Please kindly rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!
Nick