Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

seems I have a scam locking my phone it states uk police case

Customer Question

seems I have a scam locking my phone it states uk police case 92.28.211.196 it states your device has been examined and used for bulk spamming this is a way to disseminate malware of banned pornography then offers a fine what can I do
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your phone ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Samsung galaxy s111 mini

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Tony, your S3 is completely affected with the malware/virus. You may need to factory reset the phone. But we can try to remove it without the factory reset.

Open Play Store application and install the avast! Ransomware Removal application : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.malwareremoval

Then run it to remove the malware.

If that didn't work, then boot your S3 in Safe Mode and then remove the virus. Follow the steps below;

Power off the device. Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device. Immediately, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays with safe mode label. This will boot your S3 Mini to Safe Mode.

Then goto Settings > Apps (or Applications Manager). Tap All tab or swipe left/right to All tab. Search Internet (browser). Then tap Force Stop, tap Clear Data and tap Clear Cache.

Then look for any unusual applications like SimpLocker, CryptoLocker etc and remove/uninstall them.

Also try to download the avast ransomware application and run it in safe mode.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can try different method to remove the malware.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tony, Thank you very much for rating my answer and the big bonus. Greatly appreciated :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
Ashik