Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

my password ***** my Samsung galaxy tab 4 isn't working I would

Customer Question

my password ***** my Samsung galaxy tab 4 isn't working I would like to know how to unlock it please
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

JoelK :

If you are having problems with a screenlock pin or password, you can only reset it by performing a factory reset on your tablet. This will wipe clean all personal data, such as contacts, calendars, text messages, photos, and music. Do you want to proceed?

JACUSTOMER-17gwokr3- :

yes

JoelK :

Okay.

JoelK :

Here is the procedure. First, be sure that your device is powered off and fully charged.

JoelK :

Then press and hold the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo appears. Then release.

JoelK :

When the recovery menu appears, use the volume buttons to highlight Wipe Data/Factory Reset, and use the Power button to select this item on the menu.

JoelK :

Select Yes - Delete All User Data. Allow several seconds for this to complete. Then select Reboot System Now. Allow several minutes for this process to complete.

JoelK :

After the factory reset has completed, you can go through the Initial Activation and Setup process. If you choose a screenlock pin or password, be sure to record it somewhere for future reference.

JoelK :

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!

Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help but I remembered my password ***** you gave me your answer so I didn't get a chance to try your suggestion but I will print your answer so I have it if it happens again

Pat-
THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD SERVICE RATING. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
Pat -

I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I am glad that I was able to assist you in finding the best solution to your technical problem.

If you have any hardware problems in the future where I can be of assistance, please return to Just Answer and ask for me by name. Thank you.

- Joel