Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

htc one with porncheckorg.com virus

htc one with porncheckorg.com virus
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Your phone is affected my malware/virus. Open Play Store application and install the avast! Ransomware Removal application. Run it : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.malwareremoval

If that didn't work, then boot your phone in Safe Mode and then remove the virus. Follow the steps below;

Power off the device. Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device. Immediately, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. This will boot your phone to Safe Mode.

Then goto Settings > Apps (or Applications Manager). Tap All tab or swipe left/right to All tab. Search Internet (browser). Then tap Force Stop, tap Clear Data and tap Clear Cache.

Then look for any unusual applications like SimpLocker, CryptoLocker etc and remove/uninstall them.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

was able to force stop, clear data and clear cache. as far as unusual applications, i dont see the ones you mention, or anything similiar looking. but i am unfamiliar with the normal operating apps that my phone needs. here;s a couple that im unsure about. cirmodule, demoflopackageinstaller, dm, epst, field trial, hfm, there's a bunch more. but like i said, im not familiar with what a phone really needs and doesnt need. will there be an unusual app on the phone? or not necesarily?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Download and run the avast! Ransomware Removal application. Run it : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.malwareremovalThat should clear it up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ransomware removal app is installed but i dont see where to open it? in the store it has a tab to uninstall but not to open it. and there is no icon to open it from in the screen, is there an alternate way?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Restart your phone and it should be on the home screen. Or open it from the Settings > Apps > All tab
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You Ashik, that seemed to do the trick!! nothing was found during the avast scan.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Does it get rid of the porncheck site ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it no longer took over my browser. Im keeping my fingers crossed so it stays clean.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

It will not take over your browser again. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service. Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.

Have a great day,
Ashik