Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

I've got an android phone that recently got blocked by something

I've got an android phone that recently got blocked by something called porncheckorg.com,is it a virus or real deal as it asked for money to unblock it
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Your phone is affected by malware/virus. Open Play Store application and install the avast! Ransomware Removal application. Run it : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.malwareremoval

If that didn't work, then boot your phone in Safe Mode and then remove the virus. Follow the steps below;

Power off the device. Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device. Immediately, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. This will boot your phone to Safe Mode. Then install avast! Ransomware Removal from Play Store and run it to remove the virus.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i went in application manager and deleted the data that seemed to have worked then i ran the programme you said and it came back clear

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Running the avast! Ransomware Removal tool is the best option as that will completely remove the malware/virus from your phone even if you cleared the data from Application manager.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me positively as Good or Excellent Service.

Happy New Year,
Ashik