Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have lost all the contacts on my Samsung Galaxy S4. They

I have lost all the contacts on my Samsung Galaxy S4. They were saved to the simcard. I put the phone in Flight mode while on a plane and now I have no contacts
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.
Please try this. Press Power button for 2-3 seconds. Select Reboot / Restart. Confirm to reboot your phone. It will come back. Check to see if it has signal now.
Go to People / Contacts. Do you see your contacts back?
If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!
Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much, your suggestion worked. So pleased because in Portugal all the official departments, hospitals, doctors etc use your mobile phone for contact. Plus all my contacts are on it. I will need to save them to an email account I believe?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Pamela,
You are much welcomed. You might want to import the contacts to your phone and they will sync to your Google account.
First go back to Contacts. Press Menu and select Import/Export. Select Import from SIM option. When done, your contacts will be transferred to your phone.
Now if you see your contacts doubled, press Menu and select Display option. Uncheck SIM card and check Phone. This way your phone will show contacts on your phone only.
And if you want to add a contact, add it and make sure to add to your Google account. Try to add a contact. On top, it should say if it will add to phone storage/memory or your Google account. If phone is shown, tap it and change to Google account. Then you will never lose your contacts again.
Nick