Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

, i have a kindle fire hd, i cannot access and screen is

hi, i have a kindle fire hd, i cannot access and screen is blank,it was working upto saturday[yesterday] as i received several kindle books download, i know it was fully charged, if i buy a more upto date model will amazon transfer all my music and book down loads from the old fire hd to the new model,have i to send the fire hd back first, if so can you send me an address label via the post. my email is *****@******.***, my address is k. cowen,***** glen parva, leicester, le2 9ty, i dont have printing facilities. thankyou
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can can soft-reset the Kindle and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button for 20 seconds and this will reset the Kindle.

If that didn't work, then connect the Kindle to your PC or charger and reset it while connected. If that didn't work, then it is a hardware problem and you have to get it fixed/replaced.

Yes, if you buy a new Kindle you can redownload all your past purchases on it using the same Amazon account you used to purchase them. You can also goto the "Manage Your Kindle" page to redownload them to your Kindle or access your purchased contents : http://www.amazon.com/myk

To send it for repair, you have to contact Amazon first. You can contact them via here : https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.