Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Daughter has forgotten her 4 number pin and no G mail option

Daughter has forgotten her 4 number pin and no G mail option is set
Galaxy tab 3 7 inch
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is a issue when the recover can be hard to select due to a bug in the firmware.
When you are at the recovery menu, press randomly some of the buttons on the Tab seconds, then attempt to select the Factory Reset Option.
Does it then work?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got to the "confirm wipe of all data?"

I am on Android system recovery <3e>

But using the volume up down one press up or down does nothing but if you press twice it jumps 2 so in this way I cannot land on yes I have been pressing up and down 5 mins without any change

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It looks to be an issue with the acutal button.
If you use the side of a table to press the volume to get to the confirm (as opposed to using your finger) Does it still skip it?
I just want to use a hard surface to press the button.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Makes no difference up or down one click nothing two clicks moves two places. Start on the first "NO" so I can get position 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 the Yes - delete all user data" is position 8

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you hold the button down, what then happens? Does it auto scroll through the options Adrian?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am now away rest of the week. Although I am pretty sure I did try that without success.

The up down button seems to be working properly

I will try again on my return thanks

Adrian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot give a rating until I can try you latest suggestion. However I do think I tried holding the button Down without success.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Correct, please do my last suggestion to be sure we have done this and let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I cannot give a rating as the issue has not been fixed. I have said previously I cannot carry out your last suggestion until I return home tomorrow as I am away working. however I am not confident as I think I did do this when trying your previous suggestion. info the 16GBP has been taken from my bank account

Adrian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I have not asked rating Adrian, just waiting to do my last instructions please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have tried your last suggestion without success. When you hold the up/down button in either the up or down position nothing happens. It consistently scrolls 2 places every second click, up or down

Adrian

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Adrian.
Without the ability to select the reset, the reset is not possible to perform.
It looks as though the internal memory is faulting or the button controller on the main board. This explains why it keeps skipping an option when you press it.
I am sorry, but you are going to have to return the device to have it replaced. Your not going to be able to reset it if you cannot select this, and this is the only method to remove the pin. This problem though, will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired and the replacement will be done at no charge.
If you would likee any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you could please rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist