Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How can I stop my S4 Mini from 'logging off' my wi-fi net each

How can I stop my S4 Mini from 'logging off' my wi-fi net each time the phone is re-started?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It should connect automatically by default, you dont need to set this.
How long are you giving the S4 when you restart, for it to connect to your wifi? As it can take about 5 minutes (as long as the wifi is on).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have waited for up to four hours without success, and since my log-on password ***** upper and lower case, plus numbers, this is seriously annoying

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks John, then there is an issue occuring on the Mini
Can you go into settings, network connection, tap Wi-Fi, menu, advance and then unchecking the 'auto network switch'.
Then test and tell me if it now auto connects.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So far, so bad. I go to settings, network connections, but do not get further 'menu' etc. options on screen. How might I access it?

My Wi-Fi screen only shows the smart network switch and my status - 'secured' or 'connected' to my local Wi-Fi network.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, do it this way pleease John as settings change in placement due to region and versions.
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > untick Check Internet service
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry it doesn't give me that option, only those in my previous reply

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you need to press the Menu button
Its the button to the left of the main button at the bottom of the screen.
This process works no matter the device you have
From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
Tap Settings then touch the Connections tab.
Tap WiFi, then tap the Menu key again.
Touch Advanced.
Tick the option Auto Connect.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My menu button only offers the following options:

+ Add apps and widgets

Create folder

Edit page

Set wallpaper

Search

Settings

Help

If I tap on Settings it just takes me back to the previously described connections screen

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is very strange as you should have the menu items I explained. This can be part of the problem.
We will have to do a reset of the phone then, to remove the corruption.
This is going to remove all data (contacts, photos ect) and return the phone to new, but this cannot be avoided and needs to be done.
To do the reset, Press the settings icon.
Press the Accounts tab.
Press Backup and reset.
Press Factory data reset.
Press Reset device.
Press Erase everything.
Wait a moment while the factory default settings are restored.
Follow the instructions on the display to set up your phone and prepare it for use.
Once you have set it up again, connect it to the wifi network and it should now auto connect correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Success - at last. Now all I have to do is set it up again!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Great!
It was corruption within the phone that was the issue and why you had difficulties doing my instructions.
It will be ok now John.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist