Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and have now bought a Samsung Galaxy

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and have now bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini. I have synced everrything fron the Galaxy S to my googlemail account but cannot get the S3 mini to sync and download the calendar.
***** *****
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you getting an error when you try to synch the calendar?
If so, what is the error please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No error message. It appewars to synch, but the data does not appear in my calendar.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Mark
Are you sure your not looking at the wrong Calendar?
This is the most common cause.
When looking at the calendar, press menu, then choose Calendars.
Then make sure you have the Gmail Calendar selected.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I see is a box with All calendars and then a box with My calendars, a box with my task and then a box with my googlemail address and finally a box with Contacts' birthdays. All boxes are ticked.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you go to Settings, Accounts, press on Gmail then press on your account.
IS calendar ticked there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, Sync Calendar is ticked and shows last synced at 12:55 on 15/01/2015

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you make a new event on this device, does it appear on the Galaxy S?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have just tried, adding an event to S3, synching, then synching Galaxy S. Event did not appear on Galaxy S.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you sign into your gmail account via www.gmail.com
And view your calendar there, does the event appear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No calendar in my googlemail account

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, is anything else setup on the phone?
Reason is I want to reset it, can we do this now Mark and return it to new.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My contacts have been satisfactorily copied across via the SD card. Otherwise nothing on it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, first, if you look at www.gmail.com are any events there from the old phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, th eonly thing is a few very old tasks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so this is why it does not work Mark, you never synched it online, you only created calendar items locally on the phone. This is why nothing is retrieved.
To transfer them to the new phone, on the old phone, Add the Google account to your mobile = Settings | Accounts and Sync
Once you've done this, Tap on the account you added (you should see the sync symbol on Calendar section) press the sync now button to begin synching your calendar entries to google calendar.
Then synch the new phone and they should then appear.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've created another account and synced from S calendar. Then synced on new account from S3 - nothing has appeared. I still didn't have a google calendar on S3, so attempted to add one. Still no good. Must go now. I'll resume later but am not happy yet.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did you check via www.gmail.com that it has synched.
You need to have it online in order to transfer it, else there is no way calendar to get on your new phone.
This is why you have the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have manged to get a google calendar on a new gmail account on the old Galaxy S, but there#s mnothing in it. The events I have entered into the new phone have appeared in my original gmail account. How can I transfer the datra from my calendar on the old phone to the google calendar I have now set up on that old phone?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to synch the old phone also to the Google Account Mark.
This is the last set of instructions I provided.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid you're not listening Richard. I now have two calendars synced, one from the old phone to a new account and one from the new phone to the old account. I cannot get my claendar on the old phone to sync; only the new calendar (on the old phone) which has nothing init. The calendar on the new phone syncs ( to the first googlemail account) but it only has the new entries. Is it possible to copy across via the SD card, because I cxannot get the original calendar to sync onto any gmail account?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Mark, it is just a confusing setup you have done one the phones, with the accounts.
But the easiest now is to use the My Backup Pro App which you can get here
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rerware.android.MyBackupPro&hl=en
Then backup the events on the old phone and restore them to the new phone.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I have to go out now and may not be able to get round to it until later. I'll give it a go and let you know, but it might not be until tomorrow. Here's hoping!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Mark
Take care
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Worked brilliantly, as I was able to copy everything acrtoss, including call log and message history. Pity you didn't recommend it earlier.

You can pick up your fee now.

Mark

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Mark, but we had to get to the bottom of the problem before knowing we had to use this.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And to do the fee, please rate my service so I am compensated.