Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I have a toshiba excite 10 tablet and the tablet is locked

I have a toshiba excite 10 tablet and the tablet is locked by some program called porncheckorg.com. What can I do to get rid of it?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Robert! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does this issue only occur when using the Internet (or Browser) app? Are you able to open / use any other app?

What exactly have you tried?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried pressing the off button for 20+ seconds and then turning on the tablet and the problem still exists.

I also looked under settings for the removal of certain apps but I can find nothing that looks familiar.

I fear resetting my tablet because of some other data that I would loose.

Have you tried this: Go to Settings, then Application Manager
, then swipe from right to left a few times as needed in order to see the option ALL
, then scroll down, then select the item Internet (or Browser)
, then clear data / clear cache
, then restart the tablet and check.
Please let me know. Thank you

Experience: Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Followed your instructions above and restarted my tablet and it asks me to sign in with my password. I typed in my old password ***** the tablet says I have an invalid password. Do I have to may up a new password ***** how do I do that.

Do you mean you are not able to use the tablet at all now?

What kind of password ***** ***** asking for?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I was wrong. I can use the tablet and it appears that the settings were reverted back to the original settings when I purchased the tablet. It looks like that solution solved the problem and I just have to return my tablet to the settings I originally changed when I purchased the tablet. I can get on the internet with the blocking message showing up.

Great. Only the Internet is reset. Everything else should be working fine now ; everything else should be working the same. Please confirm. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Everything is working properly including the internet.

Thank You

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience