Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I bought a Galaxy 10" tablet 2 years ago (pre-Christmas 2012).

Customer Question

I bought a Galaxy 10" tablet 2 years ago (pre-Christmas 2012). I was then most disappointed to find that very many Apps could not be bought/downloaded because I live in (and indeed bought the tablet in) the Isle of Man. This was such a disappointment that I stopped using the tablet, and went and bought an iPad instead. Very recently I got the Galaxy out again, hoping that I would find that apps would now be provided to the Isle of Man. No such luck it seems. There is even the indignity of being told that the BBC iPlayer App cannot be downloaded "to my country"!
Grateful advice on whether a great range of Apps is still inaccessible in the Isle of Man; or whether, if this not the case, my tablet requires some tweak to enable me to access them?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You get the App not available in your country error or similar correct?
and your accessing via wifi?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I am getting that kind of message; and I am accessing via wifi.

Terence

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Download the App Tunnel Bear which you can see here
Click me to view
With this app you can then change the country you are appearing from, so make it from the US or UK and you can then download any app you wish.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks. It happens that I won't be able to try out the solution until this evening or tomorrow. I'm assuming I can then get back into this thread to give my rating (which will certainly be Excellent if all goes well!)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, no problem at all Terence.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard - Unfortunately I have not been able to download Tunnelbear, because I get the "not available in your country" message when I try to do this. Terence

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you see any apps at all in the Play Store?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard. Yes, I have Play Store Apps, I have put TunnelBear into the Search, but it has not appeared among the apps then displayed.

Terence

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, search VPN
What then appears?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

249 Apps - though on a quick look Tunnelbear doesn't seem to be among them. Most grateful your attention and advice, which has greatly helped, and I shall rate accordingly. However I feel that, at this time, I would rather not become involved too deeply with VPN (which is new to me), without having researched it, in relation to my requirements, thoroughly. Meanwhile, my supplier has provided a partial answer, which appears to get access to some key sites that I need. Thank you once again. Terence.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the VPN gets you to come out in another country, so the Play Store sees you as coming from the US, or UK ect.
One of these apps would do that .
You can return here at any time though, even after rating.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks.

But now I'm confused about my payment and the Ratings arrangement. When sending my previous piece, I then immediately gave my rating (Excellent) on one of the earlier assessment forms. Now, when I give the rating on the latest form, as requested, and press 'Submit', I'm asked if I really want to do this because I will be charged assessment. In other words, I think I'll be charged £22, instead of the agreed £11. Do I go ahead and give a rating now, but can be sure I will only be charged once not twice; or should I leave the website without completing this final thread, because I have already assessed and paid?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, as you already rated right before I asked, so you do not need to rate again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to trouble you again but things seem to be getting a bit out of hand with 'Just Answers'. I have today received a further e-mail asking if I want to ask other questions (which I don't); and whether I have rated you (which I have - see your confirmation above). In clicking through to another site to record my statement that I don't want to ask more questions, I am instantly told that this is a question that I must pay up to £40 to have answered!! Help. I want at this time to escape the embrace of 'Just Answers', and thus to avoid harassment by what I originally thought was a very good service

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I am sorry about all that Terence.
I am only an engineer here, but please email customer service on
***@******.***
to have this stopped. If you have any problems getting through, please let me know
thank you