Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

i purchased a used amazon kindle that had not been cleared

Customer Question

i purchased a used amazon kindle that had not been cleared new user and i am having difficulty de-registering it as it is still registered to the previous owner who appears to owe amazon book purchased in january of 2014.what do you suggest and how do i completely clear it and start from scratch.there were no instructions with it when i purchased it and i am complete novice as this was the first time as a kindle user.your help would be very much appreciated,thankyou.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Customer:

From your device:
From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings.
Select Deregister.

now From Home, press the Menu button, and then select Settings. Select Registration.
Specify the Amazon account you want to use Kindle:
If you already have an Amazon account: Select this option. Enter the e-mail and password ***** with your Amazon account. Select Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.
If you do not have an Amazon account: Select this option and follow the on-screen instructions to set up a new Amazon account.

Customer:

let me know if you face any diifculty in deregistering or registering

JACUSTOMER-k7h1d5z1- :

Michelle, I am Peters daughter and I have just popped around to visit.

JACUSTOMER-k7h1d5z1- :

I must say that I am very disappointed that my father has been charged £28 service, he was only asking . Now that I have had a chance to look at my fathers Kindle the problem was that he could not connect to the Internet. This has made your advice useless and I would be great full if you could please refund the money you have taken. It is very unethical to be taking money from pensioners like this and I concerned service users that may be prayed upon.

Customer:

i see you have rated my answer as Bad Service but i have given you the correct answer your father has posted here. This is justanswer.com and its a premium question answer website and this is not a free service. If you look at the question your father had confirmed to pay while posting the question. We are experts in our field who is assigned to provide answers to the question posted by our customer. Rating bad service will not lead to a refund however if you have a billing question or query you can contact customer care and they will help you with this.