Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Replaced battery in Samsung Tab 2 10.1, now unable to swipe

Replaced battery in Samsung Tab 2 10.1, now unable to swipe screen
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Did you replace the battery yourself, or you had a company do this for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Myself

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Colin,
It is going to likely be the touch screen cable or connection that was daaged during the replacement.
To confirm this though we would need to rule out the firmware as a possible cause. To do this we reinstall it. First, is there data on the Tab you need to keep?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent info but says waiting for me at top so resending

Nothing that cannot be replaced but How will we get by the problem of not being able to unlock teh tablet?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, attempt to do the following please as it does not require the screen to work.
With the device turned off, hold the Volume Up button and press the Power button.
Continue to hold the Volume Up button and you’ll see the recovery screen appear after you see the Samsung Logo.
Use volume up and down to navigate to Wipe Data / Factory Reset and press the Power button to confirm.
Use volume up and down to navigate to Yes and press the Power button to confirm.
Use volume up and down to navigate to Reboot System Now and press the Power button to confirm.
The device will restart and boot into the recovery mode to finish the process. You’ll see the Android logo for a few moments, and it will restart again. When this is complete, you’ll be back to the Welcome screen to setup the device.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sadly just switches on the swipe screen screen and then goes blank

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to get it to turn off Colin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Power off sub screen comes up but as touch screen not working I cannot power off. I am just letting it go through the swipe screen fail and then the screen goes black

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, something got damaged during the battery replacement Colin, and its all on the main board on the unit which means you will have to have that replaced.
Problem is your not going to get one cheaper then the value of these Tabs now, unless you find one on Ebay with a broken screen but still functions. Then you can take the main board out of that and put it into yours (or vica versa with the screen).
But that will need to be replaced sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am going to disconnect the new battery and reconnect it as it was completely flat I was extremely careful with the ribbon cables. I have one more question, to the right of the charging socket is a small hole which leads to a rubber insert inside the case, do you know what this is for please?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I believe your referring to the Microphone Colin.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome. Try putting it back together and making sure all cables are firmly connected to rule that out, but likely the board was damaged, possible even static discharge.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist