Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I normally use my finger print to unlock my note4 but after

I normally use my finger print to unlock my note4 but after several attempts it's now asking to enter my backup password...which I can't remember... can you please help me?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The backup password ***** ***** password ***** your Google Gmail account. This is the account you used when you first setup the phone.
Do you recall this password ***** all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you help!

No I don't as I always used my finger tip to access my phone since I bought this phone October last year

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, that is the only option else yes you do need to reset your phone. There is absolutely no way around this. It is the point of the whole security sorry.
I know I am telling you what you already know, but it is the only option you have sorry.
And it will remove all your data, but you have to use this if you want to use the phone again. To do the reset, Turn your phone off or make sure it’s turned off.
Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
When the phone vibrates, release the Home and Power buttons, but keep pressing Volume Up button.
This will launch the Android Recovery System. You can release all buttons when this happens.
From here, you can use the Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to make a selection.
Select “wipe data / factory reset”.
Select “Yes — delete all user data”.
The process will take place. When done, just select “Reboot system now” to restart your device.
It will then reset the device, remove the security and you can use it again.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was hoping to avoid that option but I understand it's the only one.

Thank you help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome and I am sorry, but I am not going to mislead you and r\ather you have the correct answer quickly then waste your time.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.