Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

, My sons samsung galaxy kids tablet is locked as he entered

,
My sons samsung galaxy kids tablet is locked as he entered wrong pin over 6 times a week ago. Normally resets after a day but hasn't this time. It's asking account & password ***** I only set up samsung account and these log in details are not being accepted..
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.
Your question is something that we call "bad messenger" question, reason many Experts do not wish to answer this kind of question.
To better assist you please tell me:
What was the exact procedure you performed to reset your Tab?
When did you purchase your Tab?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Todd, turning off the tablet and leaving hours normally resets in that we are no longer asked account when we turn it back on.We bought it in June 2014 and is only used couple of times a week.
Kay,
Thank you reply.
If you don't have registered Google account on the Tab, the only way to resolve this issue (to unlock your Tab) will be to perform procedure that will delete all data from internal memory (memory card will not be affected).
Will that be OK?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Todd, that's fine it is only used son and have no photos or any other data on it assume will be a case of re downloading the apps. One question will I still have kids mode? This is how I control what apps he has and length of time he can play.
Kay
Kay, after resetting password ***** will be set to factory default (the same condition as it was in the store). So, answer on your question is yes, you will be able to set Kids mode again.
To delete security lock password ***** your Tab, please follow the steps below:
To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and Hold the HOME, Volume UP and Power button at the same time.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons. Use the Volume keys to select Recovery Console then press the Power key.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset".
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset". Confirm using Power button.
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now". Confirm using Power button.
* Allow several minutes reboot process to complete.
Please note that this procedure require some practice.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with questions.
If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a million Todd. I didn't have to wipe data as came back after pressing power & volume button together in step 2. We will have a very happy boy in the morning so thank you again.
Great!
You're welcome Kay. I'm glad that I could help.
Thanks our service and rating.
Once again I apologize on answer.
Best Regards,
Todd