Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Richard, My Lumia 535 does not synchronise back to my PC

Richard,
My Lumia 535 does not synchronise back to my PC if I add an appointment while I am out, it works from the PC to the phone almost instantly though.
Sue
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you question Sue, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You indicate while you were out. Does it synch to the PC if your at home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard - just realised this is a site and not phones - can you help or "transfer me"?

No it doesn;t - just checked

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I also do windows (plus Apple) so no issue.
It sounds as though your computer is updating the calendar but not receiving updates.
You are synching to your Microsoft Live Mail account correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a microsoft exchange - office 365

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the programs
So the part of your email address AFTER the @ symbol is outlook.com or hotmail.com
Or is the exchange server from work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is *****@******.*** so from my work account (via outlook)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We block email accounts here Sue, can you tell me only the part AFTER the @ please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

summerfieldsanders.com the exchange account name is

sumsan.onmicrosoft.com

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
Can you sign in to your account here
Click me to open
Once signed in, click the top left 9 boxes and click Calendar
Do you see the entries from your phone, missing on the computer, there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I do :-)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so its the computer Sue that's the problem, the phones working.
On the computer, remove the email account from outlook.
Then restart the computer.
Add the account again to outlook and it should now download the appointments
I can also do these steps , and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) . Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is my primary account and it will mean removing a further 3 or accounts first - is this the only option?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as the issue is on the computer downloading the appointments, we confirmed the phone is working fine, and we have to remove the account, and re-add, and if this fails a reinstall of office, as this is where it is faulting.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - I'll be a little while then :-( - thanks so far though Smile

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, let me know how it goes please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is slowly re-starting but has not completed yet - sue

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me know when its completed please Sue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The appointments are still not there :-( it also says it is up to date.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you sure your looking at the correct calendar?
If it shows via my instructions before online, the phone is updating them, which leaves this calendar as being a different one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am using @summerfieldsanders.com as the primary calendar on the PC, and all those appointments are in the phone, it's just the phone to pc that's not working. On the laptop I have the same situation?? No appointments from the phone - very curious

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yet onlinne via www.outlook.com when you sign in you see the appointments from the Phone correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I ONLY see the appointments made from my phone and NO others!!!

They are not using the same calendar - aaargh

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no they are not, the ones on outlook are connecting to a different calendar, they need to connect to the one you just signed into.
This is the reason why Sue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so, how do I get the phone to do this please, it clearly connects to my summerfieldsanders calendar as it has all those in and updates fine, it's just the new ones that are going to a different place.

When I look on the phone the new entries show in the same colour as those that are located in my sue@ account and not any of the other ones. It says they are saving to sue's calendar in outlook which surely is the main one? I've also gained additional calendars called time profile???

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you go to Settings , email + accounts on the phone.
What accounts are listed there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Didn't find this answer until just so sorry delay in replying.

Microsoft account (just added because I thought I needed to

Summerfield Sanders - office 365

MSAUK - office 365

Race of Champions - google

Wales Rally GB - office 365

Sue

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove all accounts except one used on the computer calendar.
Then check the calendar.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They have now appeared!!!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes! that was the problem, all the accounts were confusing the situation Sue.
The phone as it is is ok like this, it will now work.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But I need all my accounts on my phone and not just one of them. I work as a consultant and use all of them all the time. Shall I just add them back in again?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but if asked when adding, do not add the calendar accounts as your appointments was going to one of these.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It automatically added calendar tasks etc so I immediately un ticked those boxes. I have been able to add one of the email accounts back in but not the other and I am using all the same information I used to reinstall on my PC - this is turning into a small nightmare :-(

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what account are you having problems with? Just tell me ONLY the part AFTER the @ symbol please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

walesrallygb.com

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what settings are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Exchange 365 account

Email address ssanders

@walesrallygb.com

Password ***** do you need this too?

If so I can send it but I am using the same one I used when I set it back up on my PC - and it worked then.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, just the rest of the settings, no password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it didn't ask me the first time, then it asks name and domain

user name I have tried my name and my email, domain is my email I think at least that's what I have under that setting on my tablet.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
whats the error it gives?
But as its a private domain, you are going to have to contact the owners of that email server to check the email connection details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have them on my pc - could it be the long list of letters and numbers?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can;t say Sue, as its a private email server, as opposed to public services such as outlook.com and gmail.com the connection details are not publically available as the company that manages the server sets these.
I would contact them and get the correct details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's all awful, I can't get hold of anyone and I can't get my google based email to load either so I am only running on 2 of my four email accounts- half my business -what a mess.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
whats the issue you get with Google?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am about to give up, they all went in easily the first time and now they just don't work, I have no idea now how to add an account that uses google.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You go to Settings, Email + Accounts and add them there Sue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Google is now in - thanks support so far.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
good, so now you just need to contact the company to get the correct settings devices.
But, is the calendar now working correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No - the diary appointments have now disappeared again. I really want to cry or something like that

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your looking at the wrong calendar Sue, we know this as when you removed the other accounts you saw them. Go back to the Google Accounts and make sure your not selecting the calendars please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've checked and it is "un ticked" I'll remove that account again and see what happens then.

S

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Google removed but NO test appointments showing.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
then remove the other accounts one by one until you see the appointments again, then you know the account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A Microsoft account is set up (which wasn't set up before), clearly I did it as part of this whole situation but I don't really want it there - can I delete that one and if so how. I now only have that and my primary account and the appointments are still not showing.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you had the appointments show before, what did you do to get that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I remove this Microsoft account so I only have the summerfieldsanders one - that will get it back to about as basic as possible.

Thx

S

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you cannot, windows phones always have a microsoft account registered to them, like iPhones have an Apple account and Android a Gmail account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I removed the summerfield sanders account off the phone and reinstalled it, then I got the tasks in the phone twice - everything (in two different colours, indicating that it is two different accounts - could this be the Microsoft one which I am sure was not active this morning. I have uninstalled/deleted it again, switched the phone off and am now waiting to reboot. So, with no email account at all except this outlook one (which didn't even have an icon this morning). I still have appointments in my calendar - ......

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I am a little lost sorry.
So the appointments are now showing Sue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the ones I added on the phone are still in the phone but I have NO email accounts loaded at all. and the appointments I made in the phone are NOT on my PC. I will now re-load by summerfield sanders account and see what happens if you think I should maybe it's better to leave it off though while we find which account calendar is actually showing - it seems to me it must be the outlook one.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To me, on the phone your entering the outlook calendar, and your mail server you use on the computers is different.
This is what I see happening and your best to use the microsoft account Sue calendar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Which would be fine if I could see the Microsoft account on the computer, but I can't. I can only see the summerfield sanders one which is the one used by myself and my PA appointments. So I think what you're saying is that I can't add appointments into my phone because we can't make them go to my own summerfield sanders calendar, is that right?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does anyone in the big wide world out there no how to fix this, cus it seems a bit bad - windows/outlook failure or lumia?

Ideas very welcome please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its one of the disavantages using a windows phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have been most helpful all day, thank you. I am as you can imagine a little disappointed with the end result especially as I have had windows phones before and NEVER had this problem. Anyway, I'll trey to find alternative ways round it - if I find a good one, I'll let you know. I just hope I can get all the email accounts back on the phone again before the end of the day. All the best. PS - your last comment needed a smiley to make it nicer :-)

sue

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I know, and sorry about that Sue, here is a smiley x 2 :) :)
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Smile thank you - I bet you're glad it's all over - nearly home time.

S

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Not at all!
Let me know if you have any other problems please
And please remember to click on of my smiley faces below :)
Thanks!
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist