Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

. Can you help please? I have opened my Kindle having

Hello. Can you help please? I have opened my Kindle having not used it for a while. I do not have the usual screen. Just a large time indicator, with below it a small padlock symbol, with 'Type password ***** decrypt storage' beside it.
Under this right across the screen is a blue line. Under this is a keyboard. When I enter my Amazon current password, it the shows, 'try again'. How do I get out of this? Sliding my finger across the screen does nothing, and I do not have access to any other symbols on the screen. Thankyou.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I was offline.
When did you purchase your Kindle?
What is the model of your Kindle?
Did you try to root or to upgrade software on your Kindle?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I purchased my Kindle through Amazon in 2014

It is an Kindle Fire HD

No I did not know to root or upgrade the software. I have no access to any other part of the screen

Hi Mary,
Thank you for your reply.
Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
This issue appears when you allow Encryption on your device by yourself, but the same issue can be caused by glitch in the software or hardware issue. If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Kindle.
If soft reset procedure doesn't help you will have to perform factory reset. Don't worry, none of your books will be lost. All you Kindle data are stored and safe on Amazon cloud.
Enter the password *****###-##-####and confirm resetting.
If that doesn't help, type wrong encryption password ***** consecutive times (type wrong password ***** times) and your Kindle Fire HDX should be automatically reset to factory defaults
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much.....all well ********* has given me access.

You're welcome Mary. I'm glad that I could help.
You will have to register your Kindle with the same Amazon account you have registered before this issue.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.
If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.
Thanks for using our service.
Best Regards,
Todd