Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have two Nokia phones, 1100 and 1101. A friend has a Samsung

I have two Nokia phones, 1100 and 1101. A friend has a Samsung GTE2121B. Text messages from one of the Nokia phones to the Samsung get through but the other is reported on the Samsung screen as failed. Voice contact is okay. How can we fix this fault? or incorrect setting?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, the Samsung can text one phone but not the other correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not so. When the text is sent by one of the Nokias to the Samsung the Samsung screen reports that the text message has failed. When the text is sent from the other Nokia phone is received okay.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can the samsung text the phone that can not text it?
And which of the nokias is it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the Sumsung can text to the Nokia 1101

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if the Samsung texts the Nokia and they reply to that actual text, what is the exact message that appears on the Samsung?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Something like (sorry I am unable to be exact, it is not my phone) "Text message failed"

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, ask the person with the Nokia id they are set to send MMS or are just sending plain text messages.
I think they are sending an MMS and this can be the problem.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have gone to Message character support, it was on Full and is now Reset to reduced. I do not actually understand your proposal. It was Full in BOTH Nokia phones.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, now try to send a text.
Does the Samsung now receive it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am now calling the Samsung owner. Sorry if there is a delay.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its no problem Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Samsung user is in the street. Asks me to wait Text message sent but maybe not yet received

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, let me know when you know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Samsung owner is coming here. That should speed things up

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So sorry the Samsung owner is annoyed and has gone to the bathroom. I guess that is the end if this inquiry.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok.. well if we can continue let me know, strangest end to a question :) though understand its not your fault.
But this question never closes so when you want to resume, just let me know
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had time to send text messages between the two Nokias in both directions and all was completely okay. Would like the option to come back sometime when the finger pointing has stopped. Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem at all Mike, i have marked the question to never close, so you can return at anytime.
Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the service rating.
Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Richard. I now have a resolution. The Samsung telephone owner took her telephone to a telephone shop today. She had been told previously that it could not block. This was incorrect. Accidentally one of my Nokias was listed after six blanks as the seventh blocked number and therefore was not visible on the first screen full. The matter was settled in 5 minutes.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good to hear Mike, though strange they got the error on the Samsung as they would never see anything with blocked numbers
If you need anything else, let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for the offer